All incoming 9th graders are required to have:
- Illinois State Physical-completed physical on the mandated Illinois state form. (the parent portion must be completed, signed and dated)
- Immunizations proof of up-to-date immunizations as mandated by the state of Illinois or an Illinois Certificate of Religious Objection signed by a physician.
- Dental Exam
Students New to the District
Students entering from out of state are required to have:
- A physical examination completed on the state mandated Illinois form by a physician (the parent portion must be completed, signed and dated)
- Up to date Immunizations
- Eye exam
Medication Administration Requirements at School
The administration of medicine is normally not a function of education, but if it does become necessary for a student to take medicine at school, the State of Illinois mandates that the following guidelines be followed:
- Provide the building principal or nurse with the district medication form completed, signed and dated by the physician and the parent/guardian for prescription medication.
- Non-prescription medication such as pain relievers, anti-inflammatories, antacids, antihistamines, and cough syrup/drops do not require a physician’s signature but all other information relative to the medication must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian. **It remains the discretion of school officials, including the school nurse, which items may be administered without a physician’s signature.
- Medication must be delivered to the nurse’s office by the parent/guardian, unless prior arrangements have been made to independently carry an inhaler or epi-pen
- School policy prohibits students from having in their possession prescription or nonprescription medication other than inhalers or epi-pens which have been pre-approved by the nurse.
- Medication ordered by an MD must be delivered to the nurse in the prescription bottle with the pharmacy label indicating directions for administration.
- Non-prescription medication must be in the original container and administered according to label directions.
- Notification should be received when a drug is discontinued or a change in dosage or interval occurs.
- Medication guidelines must be renewed annually
- Physical Examination Form
- Physical Examination Form (Spanish)
- Health Requirements Letter
- Health Requirements Letter (Spanish)
- Medication Administration Form
- Self-Administration Form (Epi-Pen/Inhalers/Glucagon)
- Eye Exam Waiver
- Eye Exam Form
- Dental Exam Waiver Form
- Dental Exam Form
- Dental Exam Waiver (Spanish)
- Dental Exam Form (Spanish)
Individual Health Care Plans