Details about our Summer Graduation Event
It's finally here~
The district and high school administration have met to finalize the details of our long-awaited 2020 graduation. The formal Commencement Ceremony information is listed below. If you have additional questions, you may click on the contact email at the bottom of these updates, and we'll reply as soon as possible.
Who can participate?
- All students who have met the board-approved graduation requirements for the MHS class of 2020
- This includes early graduates and those from the alternative high school or BH Outreach high school completion program.
Who can attend?
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions in the number of people in one space, each graduate may allow only two (2) total guests to accompany them in person.
- There are no tickets, but guests must enter with their graduate so we can monitor our total numbers in the auditorium.
Where and when will the ceremony take place?
- The small-group ceremonies will take place in the Auditorium of the Bartlett Performing Arts Center at MHS. Parking is available directly to the north and the west of the Bartlett PAC, including handicap accessible spaces. All graduates and guests will enter through the main Bartlett doors on the east side of the PAC.
- Ceremonies will run in a series for three days, July 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Your graduate's specific date and time is available by clicking on the link above labeled "Individual Student Commencement Schedules".
What are the expectations for Social Distancing and PPE?
- Per Illinois State Board of Education mandates, all persons entering a school building in Illinois are required to appropriately wear a face mask or covering, even when social distancing can be observed. Therefore, all staff members, graduates, and guests must wear a face mask for the duration of the time they are in the building.
- Graduates will be held in the multi-purpose room of the Bartlett until the ceremony begins. Guests will be in the auditorium, where seats will be identified for social distancing.
- All entrances and exits will be one-way only. Entrance to the building will be restricted to the east Bartlett doors. Entrance to the auditorium for guests will be through the main auditorium doors, and graduates will enter the side stage doors. Exits will be marked, with all guests leaving the building on the west side, near the student parking lot.
When will students receive their actual diploma?
- Diplomas will be issued to students as they exit the Bartlett PAC to the west. Students may meet up with their guests outside the building on the west side.
- Any student who does not participate in the ceremony may pick up their diploma from MHS beginning Monday, July 27th.
Will pictures be taken?
- We will have Lifetouch photographers on hand to take shots of the graduates receiving their diplomas. Those will be available for purchase through the Lifetouch website under Moline High School Graduation.
- Guests are welcome to take pictures from their seats during the ceremony.
- A big "M" will be set up on the north side of the lane, along the treeline, for any students wanting additional candid shots following their ceremony.
- The district will record all graduates walking across the stage to receive their diplomas. In addition to the recorded speeches, this footage will be combined to provide a full ceremony that will be posted online in late July or early August.
- We will be printing a limited number of graduation programs, which will be distributed to graduates and their two guests the day of the event.
Lifetouch Commencement Picture Ordering
Following the ceremony, check out the Lifetouch website for picture ordering details.