Photography Target Goals:
- I can create a great photograph when I apply the rules of composition to my work. (Use the pocket guide book)
- I can use the elements and principles of design to choose my subjects and create visually rich photographic images. (Use the Elements/Principles handbook)
- I can create a photograph, with interesting lights, shadows, and correct exposure. (Look at the lighting page under basics)
- I can create digital variations for images with Adobe Photoshop and show mastery of specific editing tools, and techniques. (Look at Photoshop tutorials)
- I can analyze, interpret and evaluate images that I create, that my peers, and experts in the field of photography create.
Photography Assignment Elements and Principles of Design
Look for interesting or dramatic light in every image you compose!
- Studio Lighting
- Seamless backgrounds
- Rim lighting
- Golden hour lighting
- Silhouettes: sun behind
- Rembrandt lighting: ¾ view
- Harsh lighting: sun overhead
Subjects: All Genres: find the following emphasis
- Elements of Art
- Forms (3-D shapes)
- Principles of Design
- Find subjects that speak strongly to you about one or more art elements and design principles.
- Photograph each subject from several angles
- Bracket the exposure for each subject
- Apply the TARGET GOALS to your images.
- Create 1 folder for this project called Lastname_Firstname_Elements
- Label each photograph with the element or principle you are emphasizing. (example)
- Edit your photographs in Adobe Photoshop
- FX>Color Overlay
- Image>Adjustment>Black and White
- Print your best work and prepare it for exhibit.
- Create a Google Doc and Share your work
Slide show suggestions: Black , gray or white format
- First & last name, also create a title for the work
How many final pictures?
3-10 Photographs and variations
1 Best Photograph & Paragraph
- What is the genre and purpose of this image?
- How did you meet your target goals. Be specific!
- How did you create a great composition?
- Which elements are strongest?
- Which principle stands out in this image?
- How did you create a good exposure?
- Describe the lighting in this picture?