Select 2015-2016 from the links above to review last season and the previous seasons.
Welcome freshmen and new players! If you are interested in having fun, learning more about chess and meeting other students, we would like to invite you to become part of our team!
You can compete against other high schools in dual meets, tournaments, and the IHSA State Chess tournament!
Practice will be on Monday’s 3:05-4:30 in room J-207. There is an opportunity for additional practice time if you are interested in going to the state tournament.
Practice begins in late September and the season runs through mid February
Check out this website for announcements, pictures, results, and other important information!
Select years in menu above to review highlights & pictures from the past 10 seasons.
Player Responsibilities: Anyone is encouraged to join the Chess Team! However, if you would like to join, you must be able to do the following.
1. Show Loyalty and commitment to the program and Moline High School.
2. Attend practices on a regular basis and be available for dual meets and tournaments.
3. Have a coachable and team attitude.
4. Practice and play on your own outside of practice.
5. Take care of the equipment and treat your coaches with respect.
6. Adhere to all school and community rules for Moline High School athletes.
1. Have fun
2. Finish in the top 50 as a team at state
3. Each board to finish in the top 50 at state
4. Have fun
5. Learn and use new openings and strategies
6. Make new friends