Upcoming dates-more might be added
Jan 18-Peoria Invitational-at Peoria-leave around 7am-top 7
Feb. 14 & 15th-State Tournament-top 8 or 9 will go
Dual and Tournament Results: (5-1)
Moline 68, Jefferson B 0
Moline 58, Sterling 7
Moline 37, McHenry 31
Moline 40.5, Stillman Valley 27.5
Plano 39.5, Moline 28.5
Moline 41, Plano 27
2013 Sterling Invitational Championship Team---Aditya Jain, Michael Dombroch, Bill Johnson, Reece Oldenburg, Jon McGehee, Josh Gunaseelan, Steffen Timmer, Ben Wolf, Ethan Blevin, Cesar Martinez, Connor Dessert, Bharath Banothu, Rommy Khalafallah, Dustyn Olsen, Austin Jones,
Sterling Invitational Results: 1st-MOLINE, 2nd-Stillman Valley, 3rd-McHenry, 4th-Jefferson, 5th-Byron, 6th-Indian Creek, 7th-Sterling, 8th-North Boone, 9th-Marengo, 10th-Cary-Grove, 11th-Freeport, 12th-Ottawa, 13th-Moline B, 14th-Sterling B, 15th-Jefferson B
Sterling Invitational Individual Medalists: Steffan Timmer-2nd Place board 2, Ben Wolf-3rd Place board 1, Jon McGehee-3rd Place board 3, Michael Dombrock-2nd Place board 8, Ethan Blevin-3rd Place board 2, Bill Johnson-2nd Place board 7, Bharath Banathu-1st Place board 5
*Check out this website for announcements, pictures, results, and other important information!
Click on the years above to review highlights & pictures from the past 9 seasons.
Player Responsibilities: Anyone is encouraged to join the Chess Team! However, if you would like to join, you must be able to do the following.
1. Show Loyalty and commitment to the program and Moline High School.
2. Attend practices on a regular basis and be available for dual meets and tournaments.
3. Have a coachable and team attitude.
4. Practice and play on your own outside of practice.
5. Take care of the equipment and treat your coaches with respect.
6. Adhere to all school and community rules for Moline High School athletes.
1. Have fun
2. Finish in the top 50 as a team at state
3. Each board to finish in the top 50 at state
4. Have fun
5. Learn and use new openings and strategies
6. Make new friends