Practice-every Monday in J-306 at 3:15.
Dual and Tournament Schedule-more to be added
January 16-at Peoria tournament
February 12 & 13-IHSA State Tournament in Peoria
Dual and Tournament Results: (5-1)
Moline 52, Sterling 16
Moline 47, Freeport 21
Jefferson 57.5, Moline 10.5
Moline 35, Cary-Grove 33
Moline 47, Sterling 21
Moline 57, Sterling 11
Sterling Invitational Results: 1st-Indian Creek, 2nd-Jefferson, 3rd-MOLINE, 4th-Harvard, 5th-Sterling, 6th-Cary-Grove, 7th-Plano, 8th-Marengo, 9th-Freeport, 10th-Guilford, 11th-Byron, 12th-Ottawa, 13th-Stillman Valley, 14th-Moline B, 15th-Harvard B, 16th-Grant
Click on the years above to review highlights & pictures from the past 10 seasons.
Player Responsibilities: Anyone is encouraged to join the Chess Team! However, if you would like to join, you must be able to do the following.
1. Show Loyalty and commitment to the program and Moline High School.
2. Attend practices on a regular basis and be available for dual meets and tournaments.
3. Have a coachable and team attitude.
4. Practice and play on your own outside of practice.
5. Take care of the equipment and treat your coaches with respect.
6. Adhere to all school and community rules for Moline High School athletes.
1. Have fun
2. Finish in the top 50 as a team at state
3. Each board to finish in the top 50 at state
4. Have fun
5. Learn and use new openings and strategies
6. Make new friends