Practice-Every Monday at 3:10 in room J-206
Schedule so far--more dates will be added:
December 15-dual at Sterling High School
January 10-at Peoria Invitational
February 13 & 14th-IHSA State Chess Tournament in Peoria
Dual and Tournament Results: (3-1)
Moline 39, Freeport 29
Moline 52.5, Plano 15.5
McHenry 60, Moline 8
Moline 40, Marengo 28
Sterling Invitational Results: 1st-Jefferson, 2nd-McHenry, 3rd-Sterling, 4th-Moline, 5th-McHenry B, 6th-Marengo, 7th-Indian Creek, 8th-North Boone, 9th-Stillman Valley, 10th-Freeport, 11th-Byron, 12th-Plano, 13th-Sterling B, 14th-Guilford, 15th-Moline B, 16th-Ottawa, 17th-Harvard, 18th-Harvard B.
Check out this website for announcements, pictures, results, and other important information!
Click on the years above to review highlights & pictures from the past 10 seasons.
Player Responsibilities: Anyone is encouraged to join the Chess Team! However, if you would like to join, you must be able to do the following.
1. Show Loyalty and commitment to the program and Moline High School.
2. Attend practices on a regular basis and be available for dual meets and tournaments.
3. Have a coachable and team attitude.
4. Practice and play on your own outside of practice.
5. Take care of the equipment and treat your coaches with respect.
6. Adhere to all school and community rules for Moline High School athletes.
1. Have fun
2. Finish in the top 50 as a team at state
3. Each board to finish in the top 50 at state
4. Have fun
5. Learn and use new openings and strategies
6. Make new friends