Additional article that may be of interest to those who FB:
Again, ethics and you: How does one decide what is right and wrong?
Read this article: Sheriff Resigns
Continue to follow the story over the weekend.
We'll talk ethics on Monday.
The pdf below is a more detailed explanation of the process of ethical decision making. Please read for a deeper understanding of what is involved in your own process.
Consider this approach:
Consider also creating a response to your favorite/or most hated song:
Kerry Underwood's song about keying her cheating boyfriend's car: Exboyfriend's response as he sues her for damages in Judge Judy's courtroom
In The Onion style, create an issue out of a non-issue. Write a column/editorial about something outrageous that you observe in your life.
Here are some examples of parodies in poetry:
Here are some short story examples:
Here are some examples of advertisement parodies:
Parodies of tv shows:
We watched this Ted Talk today about word choice and accuracy of meaning. Students generated a list of over-used, deflated words typically found in their own writing.
What is the author's message?
What should you avoid in your writing and why?
How does this tie in to Orwell?
Below are two pdf's on how to respond to a timed writing situation with a prompt. Preparation is key, as is understanding what specifically is being asked of you.
Below are links to two pdf's on thesis statements. They provide insights and ideas for how to craft a strong beginning to any essay.
1. Go to this website: http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/exercisecentral/Account/LogOn/34/Exercises?returnUrl=%2Fexercisecentral%2FExercises%2FQuiz%2F34%2FM%2F724%2FChoosing%2520effective%2520thesis%2520statements&quizName=Choosing%20effective%20thesis%20statements
You should see "Exercise Central 3.0"
2. Go through the Student Registration process.
3. Instructor email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Work under the "Writing" headline, specifically on: thesis statements, topic sentences, writing an opening and conclusion, coherence, revising.
5. Results should be sent to me automatically.