STUDENT BULLETIN Thursday, January 28, 2010
CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
There is a French Club meeting today after school in J329. Don’t forget! Merci!
Crime Stoppers will meet today right after school in room B152.
The following scholarships have arrived this past week: (See Mrs. Dykema if interested)
1) SAMMY 2010 Award Program (student athlete) – application online (www.bodymilk.com) – due Mar. 25
2) Illinois Lumber and Material Dealers Association (industry related course work) – due Apr. 1
3) Texas Southern University (honors) – application online (www.em.tsu.edu) – no due date given
4) Illinois AMVETS Servie Foundation (various) app. Online (www.ilamvets.org) – due Mar. 1
5) Student View Scholarship Program (civil engineering curriculum) app. Online (www.student-view.com) – due Apr. 22
6) American Society of Civil Engineers – app online (http://asce.org/quadcity/scholarships.htm) – due May 15
7) Cappex College Search and Scholarships – apps online (www.cappex.com ) no due date given
8) Kohls for Kids Who Care (nomination/app online) – (www.kohlskids.com) – due Mar. 15
9) Zonta Club of the Quad Cities (young women in volunteer or leadership positions) – app online (www.zontaquadcities.org) – due Mar. 19
There are still plenty of spots available on the February 18th field-trip to Circa 21 to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The cost is only $40.00 per student. You’ll spend the morning in cool theatre workshops like “Stage Combat,” or “Quad-City Idol.” Then you’ll enjoy a terrific lunch at the Circa 21 theater. After lunch you’ll be entertained by the musical Joseph, one of Andrew Lloyd Weber’s most beloved musicals. Are you interested? Then come see Mrs. Griesenbeck in room B214 as soon as possible. There are only a few days left to take advantage of this terrific field trip. Don’t delay – See Mrs. G today!
Sadie Hawkins dance tickets are now on sale at the bookstore for $10 each. The price will increase to $15 two days before the dance, so make sure you buy tour tickets early. The dance is Saturday, February 27th from 7-10:00 p.m. Formal attire is required.
Please remember to either purchase your sticker or make a donation to “Hats for Haiti” which will be tomorrow. You may buy your sticker at lunch today or before school tomorrow. Together we can help the people and children of Haiti.