There is a meeting after school today in the wrestling room for any student interested in joining the wrestling team. This includes anyone who would like to be a manager as well. The meeting will be brief but it is important you attend if you are planning on wrestling. If you can not attend please see coach Ealy, as important papers will be handed out.
There will be a short informational meeting on Monday, November 2nd at 3:30 in the gymnastics room for anyone interested in trying out for the winter season JV cheerleading squad.
The following scholarships arrived this past week: (see Mrs. Dykema if interested)
1) Knox College (Western Illinois high schools’ achievers scholarship) application online (www.knox.edu/scholarships)– no due date given
2) Indiana State University (Networks Scholarship/career in financial services) – due Dec. 1
3) Lawrence University (various) – no due date given
4) Marist College (computer science or information technology & systems) – due Feb. 15
5) American Musical & Dramatic Academy (auditions) – application online (www.AMDA.edu) – due Feb. 1
6) Bates College – application online (www.NFIB.com/YEA) – due Dec. 31
7) National Co-Op Scholarship Program – application online (www.co-op.edu) – due Feb. 15
On the Saturday October 31st performance of Lend Me a Tenor, a two dollar discount will be given to anyone in a Halloween costume. This discount only applies to tickets sold at the door on Saturday.
This is a reminder to bring cans for the Student Hunger Drive. Our numbers are way down this year. We have a lot of catching up to do! You may also contribute to this cause by purchasing a t-shirt for only $8 at the bookstore. Thanks to all who have helped!
There’s a Physical Comedy (Clown Troupe) workshop at the Davenport Parks & Recreation office on Monday, November 2nd at 7:00 p.m. A former clown instructor for Ringling Bros. will head up the meeting and lecture. The contribution is only $5 for non-members. If you have additional questions, see Mrs. Griesenbeck.