STUDENT BULLETIN – Thursday, October 1, 2009
CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
A reminder to students going to the Illinois Theater Fest: Your first payment is due tomorrow.
Anyone interested in debate? If you’d like to join the Debate team, please come to a meeting today at 3:15 in J209!
Key Club will meet in the cafeteria after school. We need to finalize Powder Puff shirt designs so please attend the meeting if you have ideas for freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior shirts.
Gamer’s Club meets today right after school in the cafeteria as well.
Authentic Voices will meet tomorrow either 3rd or 5th period in the dance room by the west gym. See you there!
The following scholarships have arrived: (see Mrs. Dykema if interested)
1) Eastern Illinois University (honors program) – due Feb. 1
2) Grinnell College (Diversity Leaders Program) – due Oct. 9
3) Illinois Dollars for Scholars – application online (www.illinoisdollarsforscholars.org) – due Dec. 1
4) Golden Apple Scholars (nomination) – due Nov. 30
5) Western Illinois University (Centennial Honors College) – no due date given
6) Ayn Rand essay on the Fountainhead – application online (www.aynrandeducation.com) – due Apr. 2
7) Rock Island Elks Lodge – application online (www.elks.org/enf/scholars) – due Nov. 2
Attn. Seniors: Cap & Gown and graduation invitation orders must be turned in this Friday, October 2nd from 7:30 – 3:30 outside the counseling office.