A run chart is the accumulation of multiple data points over time, usually displayed on a line graph. Run charts are used to find trends or patterns in the functioning of a specific system.
- Graphically displays data so that differences or changes are easily observed
- Can be useful in finding critical time periods when various problems are prone to occur
- Can be used often and with different types of data
- Trends from a run chart can be used as the baseline for other continuous improvement tools
- Is used with multiple data points collected over time
- The data points must be in historical order
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://mhs.molineschools.org/cip/run-charts/trackback/