Overview of Lotus Diagram:
A lotus diagram is an analytical, organizational tool for breaking broad topics into components, which can then be further organized, analyzed or prioritized.
It is a picture of the separate components of a topic. It provides a common understanding of the components of the topic.
What is a Lotus Diagram?
- A visual of the components of a whole
- Organizational tool for: foster thinking, analyzing, prioritizing, categorizing
- Teams or individuals need a process for organizing and prioritizing components of a larger whole
- Examine complex systems
- Organize thoughts
- Organize brainstorming around a theme or topic
- Defines the topic being studied
- Fosters thinking skills
- Organize ideas
- Identify relationships
How? Steps for Creating a Lotus Diagram
- Draw chart/diagram
- Write topic in center of chart
- Brainstorm and record 8 sub topics
- May continue by placing the sub topics in the center of a new diagram
Downloadable PDF: lotus_digram_example Graphic Organizer
Click on image to enlarge.
Downloadable PDF:If I were not a teacher
Lotus Diagram Planning Sheet
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://mhs.molineschools.org/cip/lotus-diagram-2/trackback/