What is it?
- a tool used by students to keep track of their progress
- builds a sense of responsibility for their own learning
- incorporates Goal-Setting and Data Collection
- a way to enhance student-led conferences
When and how is it used?
- to establish ”quality classroom” the first week of school
- goal setting
- in-process measures – daily/weekly data measures
- periodic evaluation of progress (trimester/quarter/monthly)
- adjust or reset goals
- adjust classroom instruction strategies
- aligned with classroom goals
- students focus on these questions:
- What will I measure?
- How will I measure it?
- How will I improve?
- How often will I chart my progress?
- things to consider
- Will students set individual benchmarks or use a class benchmark?
- Students need to be able to know how to improve and set an appropriate benchmark.
- What does it include?
- Measuring instruments:
Templates of charts/graphs that can be used in the data folders:
For more data folder templates visit
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://mhs.molineschools.org/cip/data-folders/trackback/