Mark Your Calendar...
- August 14: Freshman First Day of School from 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- August 18: Open House/New Student Orientation 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- August 19: First Day of School (full day)
- August 21: Fall Sports Rally 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Browning Field
- September 1: No School
- September 10: Early Dismissal at 11:10 a.m.
- September 25: College Night at Black Hawk College 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- September 29: Homecoming Coronation period 7 in the AUD
- October 3: Early Dismissal at 11:10 a.m.
- October 3: Homecoming Parade at 2:00 p.m.
- October 4: Homecoming Dance from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Wharton
Freshmen should plan to be in attendance on Thursday, August 14th a.m. This is a special freshman only orientation day starting with a general assembly in the east gym. This half day allows students to be introduced to the high school and familiarize themselves with the cafeteria and their lockers. Students will also take part in small group activities with upper class mentors. Please be prompt and do not bring any school supplies with you on this day. Welcome Class of 2018!
High School Registration
Families who were unable to register students in July will need to register at Wharton Field House on the first day of school, Tuesday, August 19th to students arriving at the high school.
New students going into grades 9-12 are to call 309-743-1624 to schedule an appointment with a counselor prior to the August 19th. Registration forms are available on the district website. Please download and print the forms for your student prior to arriving for registration.
New Immunization Requirement for Incoming 9th grade students
The Illinois Department of Health has mandated a new immunization requirement for incoming 9th grade students, for the 2014 – 2015 school year. All incoming 9th grade students will be required to show proof of having received two doses of the varicella (chicken pox) immunization.
Public Notification of Grant Application
Moline High School is applying for a 2014 – 2015 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) grant. These are federal funds used for academic, enrichment, and recreational services offered beyond regular school hours. The application will be submitted by August 11, 2014. Any questions regarding this application may be directed to Diane Sommers at email@example.com or 309-743-8807.
Photo taken by Rhiannon Hunt
The MHS graduates strive to compete for the best colleges, scholarships, jobs, and appointments in the military
Wharton Field House is a landmark for the Moline community and is home to many of the school’s successful athletic teams
Moline High School students have benefited from the distinguished business partnership with Deere & Company
The Department Chairs of Moline High School